Creating an email list of your family, friends, followers, and local press is a huge step in ramping up excitement for your screening!
Build your list
- Think of the supporters you already have and how you interact with them
- Collect email addresses and other means of contact information in a single place, we recommend Google Sheets
- Once you’ve got a sizable list, organize it! Are these supporters, friends, fans, family, local businesses, press, industry contacts? Breaking the list up into groups will make it easier match them with the appropriate email sample from our Movie Captain’s ToolKit
- One list-group should be people that you know will reserve tickets as soon as your screening link goes live. Think of them as the people that will drive momentum!
- Now that your list is organized, check out your Movie Captain’s Toolkit, and copy/paste one of our pre-written emails
- Don’t be afraid to follow up! Since our screenings are a month in advance, you might need more than one email to give your screening a push. Try sending a reminder email with an update of your current deadline and reservations every other week!